Friday, September 11, 2009

September 5, 2009: Honey Creek, MO: State #6


After Kansas, we drove an hour to Honey Creek, Missouri. At this point, I have been up since 4:00 and I can’t believe I’m getting State #6 done!

Brenda and Alex were already on the trail and we were going to meet up with them. The trails here were steep hills with rocks and mud. The horses really had to pay attention to where they were walking. The trees covered the trail and deer were hidden among them. Every once in a while we’d come upon a farmer’s field of soy beans and I had such an urge to take off galloping in the open.

We met up with Alex and Brenda halfway through. The two of them are a modern day Lucy and Ricky Ricardo. Brenda is one for living in the moment while Alex is cautious. Alex spoke his broken English so fast; I couldn’t understand a word he was saying half the time. However, they have a love story that most people would be envious of, including me. They met at a boarding barn through their horses. When they fell in love, neither one spoke the other’s language so they taught each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment